Possible Credits (Maximum 5)
Create and share a Google calendar specific to a project, real or imaginary (5 credits)
What is an online calendar?
Google Calendar is an online calendar that provides a free and easy way to stay organized, up-to-date, and connected with others. Google Calendars can be shared with others as well. Since Google Calendar is completely web-based, you can access your calendar wherever you have an Internet connection. Google Calendar offers many similar features to Microsoft Outlook or Apple iCal and can be synchronized with those applications well as mobile devices.
Why do I care?
Google Calendar not only lets you create events and invite others to attend, but you can also share your calendar with the people you chose, or create public calendars. Work groups can use shared Google calendars to keep track of desk schedules, meetings, and tasks.
You can also sync your GroupWise Calendar with Google Calendar. Check out Ray's tutorial!
Other benefits of using Google Calendar include:
- accessible online anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- receive event reminders via email or have text messages sent your mobile phone.
- sharing and publishing options allow you to control who can see your calendar and which details they can view.
- allows individual users to create more than one calendar. Multiple calendars can be added and shared, allowing various levels of permissions for the users to allow for easy collaboration between departments, groups or families.
- when you enter a location for your events, a Google Map of your location will automatically appear directly in your event details.
- manage your time by adding tasks to your Google Calendar.
How do I get credit?
- Start by getting a free Google Account. (Note if you already have a Google account for Google Docs or other Google applications, you do not need to register for another Google account).
- Navigate to Google Calendar
- Create a new calendar by clicking "add" on the left column under your calendar list
- Create an event, and invite some friends or coworkers